Bring Back The Ole Time Days

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

LadyDeath

Senior Marketing Officer
Staff member
LV

Now as our country is becoming more Westernized and Developed i cannot help but miss things from the old time days and wish it did not dissappear. Do you?

1. I wish that communities and villages could of stayed the same where Long ago 'villages were like family and villages raised children' . Where they looked out for one another and the welfare of others. I grew up in a village and it was a very secure feeling. Every man or woman was referred to Tanty, Uncle or Neighbour . We also knew everyone and for any occasion people were welcomed in each others' homes. Nowadays children are taught to stay by themselves in their homes. People don't mingle anymore and due to this don't really know thier neighbours. Commuinty events and gatherings don't really take place in certain areas anymore especially where i live now. There used to be harvests, BBQs, Bazaars, Fundraisers , community shows etc. and now they dissappeared with time.

I can agree with this. Everyone in my area just goes from air conditioned house to air conditioned car and thats it. I still hear about people speaking to their neighbours and going to their neighbour's place,etc
... I only sometimes see one of my neighbours and greet him. The other one is a nasty man and nobody knows him in the area.

Also if you were to go to say a store for instance, nobody even share common interests. At times I would go to purchase new cosmetic products for my vehicle and I would see people who aren't too sure about a product that I've used before. I'd take my phone out and show them pictures or give them a Trinimotors card so they can make up their mind.
So far, I've been the only person to do something like that as no one else really bothers due to the don't know factor that you speak off.

It's nice to live in a courteous society but it doesn't exist anymore and its something thats missing terribly.

Deep south reminds me of the real ole time days, that's the closest thing we could get to it right now.

[video=youtube;JI49-i-QFl4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JI49-i-QFl4[/video]

Back