Braking issues

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

anthonemorris

LV

So recently I bought a complete spindle for my u12 bluebird. Was a set of s13/u14 replacement. Reason for the replacement was simple, not having the braking power needed for the speed I was driving at. Took the car to my usual suspension and brake place and they told me the driver side caliper was leaking. Not a problem with that I just took it down a notch to compensate for fluid leakage. But I wanted to know why it was leaking so I took a closer look at the pads. They were not worn. And the problem became more apparent when I did try to check the pads. It just so happens that the slide pins for the caliper had frozen in place causing the piston to travel out of its groove damaging it's seal and dust boot.

If you fix that issue, will it improve the braking substantially?

I also sometimes have braking woes. Rear drums always need to be adjusted every 2-3 months. Had given serious consideration to fitting some 338mm rotors with 4 piston 26mm calipers to the front for better stopping distance and feel but then discovered the rims need to be changed so that idea went out the door quickly since the rims I'll be using won't clear the 338mm rotors.

Back