BMW Recall 2014

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

Sky22

LV

BMW is issuing a worldwide recall of their cars with six-cylinder motors after finding a problem with a bolt used in the engine. It has been extended worldwide, affecting 489,000 vehicles, including 156,000 in the US.BMW says in rare cases one of four bolts holding the cover on the engine?s variable camshaft timing system breaks, which can then cause other bolts to fail. That means oil begins leaking from the unit, causing the timing system to become sluggish. It can eventually lead to complete engine failure. The company says customers will be notified if their models are affected and that the repair takes a few hours at most.

:shock: I wonder if any in Trini has been recalled?

[FONT=arial, sans, sans-serif]Oh its a big recall of the vehicles by BMW especially of the US editions. I think Company annual budget will disturb from it.I am really shocking from this news.[/FONT]

Back