bicycle suggestions for a 20 year old

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

syrianboy181

LV

I am moving a few blocks away from my current house. According to Google maps it's a 9 minute bike ride to get to work from the new location.
It stinks that I have to move but I am not independent so there's the positive side
I am looking for a nice high quality comfortable bicycle to ride to and from work everyday throughout the year. Even in winter when it's snowing . I weigh 173 pounds but it fluctuates depending on my diet routines . My budget is 150 $ i live in the United States. Any suggestions

get a mountain bike if you could as it should be comfortable for what you want to do and be able to take any rough road if you have to pass through any

I got a Fuji Nevada 2.0 a few years back. It's a not a professional brand but it has served me well for more than 5 years now with only minor maintenance (washing and occasional chain lube).

The fuji nevada is a hard tail (front shocks only) but it is a good quality cheap brand and the front suspension helps with rougher roads while the hard tail conserves energy while riding. I definitely recommend it.

You can always change the tires to more road oriented tires if you know you won't be going off road.

I was About to recommend Schwinn. Rode a High Timber a few times and its worlds apart from my Mongoose Maxim which is assembled with cheap parts. I'm unsure of the price outside of Trinidad atm but its also a road bike with front shocks.

get a mountain bike if you could as it should be comfortable for what you want to do and be able to take any rough road if you have to pass through any

BTW he's not in Trinidad, the roughest road by him might compare to our smoothest lmao.

Make sense. Fuji is a good bang for your buck brand. They normally get good reviews.

Yeah in Bike Inn (a.k.a Ojar's) in tunapuna. that was back in 2009 and the bike still runs great.

Last time I checked they were authorized fuji retailers.

Yeah in Bike Inn (a.k.a Ojar's) in tunapuna. that was back in 2009 and the bike still runs great.

Last time I checked they were authorized fuji retailers.

That's interesting, didn't even know a place like that existed locally.

Back