Bible contradiction for today

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
LV

Awards
I'm just posting this to know what you think, as i was reading some stuff online and i saw alot of Bible Contradictions. I fully believe in god but i would like for you all to read this, look at the bible and tell me what you think because i'm really confused.

Exodus 33:20 And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.

John 5:37 And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.

Genesis 3:9-10 And the LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou? And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself.

Exodus 33:11 And the LORD spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend. And he turned again into the camp: but his servant Joshua, the son of Nun, a young man, departed not out of the tabernacle. KJV

Deuteronomy 27:22 Cursed be he that lieth with his sister, the daughter of his father, or the daughter of his mother. And all the people shall say, Amen.

Genesis 20:11-12 And Abraham said, Because I thought, Surely the fear of God is not in this place; and they will slay me for my wife's sake.
And yet indeed she is my sister; she is the daughter of my father, but not the daughter of my mother; and she became my wife. KJV

Jeremiah 31:34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Exodus 34:6-7 And the LORD passed by before him, and proclaimed, The LORD, The LORD God, merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abundant in goodness and truth, Keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, and that will by no means clear the guilty; visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the children's children, unto the third and to the fourth generation. KJV

Matthew 2:12-14 And being warned of God in a dream that they should not return to Herod, they departed into their own country another way. And when they were departed, behold, the angel of the Lord appeareth to Joseph in a dream, saying, Arise, and take the young child and his mother, and flee into Egypt, and be thou there until I bring thee word: for Herod will seek the young child to destroy him. When he arose, he took the young child and his mother by night, and departed into Egypt:

Luke 2:21-22 And when eight days were accomplished for the circumcising of the child, his name was called JESUS, which was so named of the angel before he was conceived in the womb. And when the days of her purification according to the law of Moses were accomplished, they brought him to Jerusalem, to present him to the Lord;

Luke 2:39-41 And when they had performed all things according to the law of the Lord, they returned into Galilee, to their own city Nazareth. And the child grew, and waxed strong in spirit, filled with wisdom: and the grace of God was upon him. Now his parents went to Jerusalem every year at the feast of the passover. KJV

Proverbs 15:3 The eyes of the LORD are in every place, beholding the evil and the good.

Job 34:21-22 For his eyes are upon the ways of man, and he seeth all his goings. There is no darkness, nor shadow of death, where the workers of iniquity may hide themselves.

Genesis 18:20-21 And the LORD said, Because the cry of Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and because their sin is very grievous; I will go down now, and see whether they have done altogether according to the cry of it, which is come unto me; and if not, I will know.
Genesis 11:5 And the LORD came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded. KJV

2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

1 Corinthians 7:6 But I speak this by permission, and not of commandment.

1 Corinthians 7:12 But to the rest speak I, not the Lord: If any brother hath a wife that believeth not, and she be pleased to dwell with him, let him not put her away.

2 Corinthians 11:17 That which I speak, I speak it not after the Lord, but as it were foolishly, in this confidence of boasting. KJV

This is an interesting topic. From what I've looked into over the years, I've found that the written word of all religions are quite contradictory. When most religious leaders quote from their respective books to preach/teach, notice that they never start from the beginning and carry on in order until the end. They carefully pick out certain parts and spend the rest of their time lecturing and drawing out specific points, placing exaggerations and examples where they choose and turning one sentence or paragraph into a half hour or hour long life lesson based on their interpretation and what ideas they want the audience to walk away with. I think if most religious people were to really read their respective religious scripts and study them in depth they would be shocked as to what they find.

With the Bible specifically, the first blaring sign I see is that it is obviously written and printed by man, but it is in the omniscient point of view of God. Anyone who's taken at least one foreign language class will tell you that there are rarely ever exact and truly accurate translations from one language to another. Sometimes a related word replaces an entire phrase, even multiple phrases, and vice versa. So how is anyone sure that what they are being taught or preaching is the actual intended scripture? What about the messages literally lost in translation? Throughout the Bible, it is stated multiple time that God proclaims to be a jealous God, there are numerous example of his quick temper, and he commands people to many actions in his name to please him. I cannot comprehend how a justifiable omniscient supreme being that rules over all can be susceptible to something as fallible as human emotion. For this God to "write" an entire book in his own praise; condemning all disbelievers in him in addition to those with different beliefs as well as many blaring signs of bigotry, not only is it narcissistic; but quite selfish, controlling, and abusive to those that have a relationship with him. I saw a meme the other day with something about the number of deaths God caused compared to a surprisingly minute number of deaths caused by Satan. I think the Bible was a work of fiction created during a time when people were turning to more secular, concrete beliefs and values. The [evidently human] author made the main, divine character a controlling male as it must have been typical for society to look to controlling males as superior in a world heavily male-dominated and subjecte to numerous *excusable* injustices as was the norm in those days.

Back