BAN ON BOTTLES IN PORT OF SPAIN

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

BAN BOTTLES IN PORT OF SPAIN

• Yes it should be ban

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • No it should not

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe yes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

admin

Administrator
Staff member
LV

Awards
So the mayor of PORT OF SPAIN Louis Lee Sing is warning Carnival revellers and spectators that they could be fined as much as $1,000 or jailed for up to three months if found consuming drinks in glass bottles during the celebrations.
Wow i find this move a bit extreme but again maybe its a good thing? What your view on this.

loving this..its a very good thing because less glass bottles = less buss up head lol

is ah gd ting buh john public will have to pay more for can drinks....an suck d rim of d can dat rat urinated an cockroack crawl on!!!

I really think they should ban glass bottles but i don't think person should be arrested if found with a glass bottle if they can't pay the fine. I really find that talking it too far and very hash

stag, carib, mackerson, ginsenup, hardwine an lucasade is all ah does drink for carnival...so ah hav to trow it out in plastic bottle an loose d real taste...nah man ah go still hide an drink in meh bottle yes an as ah see d blue an grey ah go hide it under meh clothes!!!

Cops seek to ban glass bottles for Carnival 2014
Last year, Port of Spain Mayor Louis Lee Sing called for a ban of glass bottles in the capital city for Carnival, but then Local Government Minister Chandresh Sharma said Lee Sing's actions were not within the law......
Raymond Craig, Deputy Commissioner of Police in charge of Operations...spoke with reporters at the Police Administration Building, Sackville Street, Port of Spain, said the reason the ban was not enforced this year was due to the late discussions with stakeholders and assured that for next year there would be earlier talks on the matter.......
"There will be an early engagement with the stakeholders. The whole engagement was too late for it to be implemented this year, and we intend to engage earlier next year to ensure that we have everything in place so that there would be no glass bottles to be used for 2014," said Craig.......

yes i think for carnival this is a must..glass bottles are used as weapons for stabbing or pelting and i think its a good idea to keep others safe..too many innocent people get caught in the crossfires and end up dead or with a buss head they didnot deserve!

Back