Are the Homeless (Vagrants) Entitle to Pension?

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
LV

Awards
Are the Homeless (Vagrants) Entitle to Pension one they read the age of 65 years?

I was thinking about this today after seeing a homeless person over the age of 65 years. If they are entitled to pension (which i believe they are) why is it no one from social development are informing or supporting these socially displaced persons.
There are a few homeless persons who are over 65 years i usually give money too, if i can verify that they are entitled to their pension i will inform them personally. They are people as well and they could make a life for themselves if they get this money.

yes they are entitled to an old age pension. but the question remains how will they get this pension? the ministry of social development have put in place the new system of direct deposit which means all pension and social grants are paid directly to the bank accounts of recipients. to receive the grant they should be placed in a shelter which would allow them to be properly rehabilitated and be provided care to ensure that they utilise the grants.

Yes the gorvenment are talking about building an elderly home for homeless to live. i think that they are entitled to pension but there are things such as birth paper & bank accounts etc. that they need to verify their names and stuff etc that they don't have.

Homeless people should have seperate houses, government should create housings for them.

It is the responsibility of government to take care of citizens.

I think homeless people should receive funds for government, if they are unable to work or get funds.

Government should help them.

Back