Anyone Have Any Good Citrus Recipes?

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

Shadowhunter

LV

I just realized citrus fruits are easily available around me right now and I'm feeling like doing some experimenting.

My standard recipes are:

homemade juice
lemon garlic chicken
orange/grapefruit rosemary chicken
lemon slices or wedges served or cooked with seafood
lemon tea
orange peel tea

How do you use citrus fruits in the kitchen?

Ever tried Sprite and Squeeze a fresh Orange in the glass and mix it up ..pure bliss ! tell me how it goes

I don't drink soft drinks lol but I'll get hold of someone who does and see if they'll try it!

CITRUS PUNCH RECIPE

* 3 cups apple juice or sweet cider
* 2 cups orange juice
* 1 cup pineapple juice
* 1 6-ounce frozen lemonade or limeade concentrate
* 2 quarts ginger ale
* 4 cups ice cubes
* Thinly sliced oranges, lemons, or limes, and mint leaves, for garnish​
Then?
1. In a large bowl, combine apple, orange, and pineapple juices and frozen lemonade or limeade. Stir to combine thoroughly.​
2. Slowly stir in ginger ale and ice cubes. Garnish with citrus slices and mint. Serve immediately.
If you really want to add an island flair to this tasty beverage, add a dash of Angostura bitters.

caribbean-citrus-punch-300x225.jpg

Sounds delicious! I can't wait to give it a try!

Tell me how it goes !

CITRUS SMOOTHIE

• 1 orange
  • 1 lemon
  • 1 red grapefruit
  • 3/4 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
  • 2 tablespoons honey or agave syrup
  • 1/2 cup ice cubes

Method:
Remove zest from orange and lemon; set aside. Cut a slice off from the top and bottom of the orange, lemon and grapefruit. One at a time, place them on a cutting board and remove all the peel and white pith with a knife, exposing the flesh. Chop the fruits and remove any seeds. Place the fruits into a blender and add half the orange and lemon zest and the remaining ingredients. Blend until smooth and pour into 2 glasses; sprinkle with the remaining zest.

Nutritional Info:

Per Serving:160 calories (5 from fat), 0g total fat, 0g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 35mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (6g dietary fiber, 24g sugar), 10g protein

Special Diets:

3552-1_2.jpg

Back