any one running windows 7 ?

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

death365

LV

anyone here runs win 7 ? how is it ... an is it worth the upgrade from vista ultimate ??? :clap:

I running the Windows 7 RC. since May this year. If the final version is anything like the Release Candidate, then hell yeah its worth the upgrade. you can't go wrong with Win7. Microsoft hit the nail on the head with this one. It can very well be the best version of Windows to date.

I agree with Wispa.
Much more stable and resource efficient. Been using it for the past 2 months and cant complain.
Got a hp tablet about a week ago and loaded that on it one time. I have seen a vast improvement in overall features as compared to vista; especially with regards to touch and handwriting recognition.
Windows 7 ORN like boil corn!! :)
this is somthing worth getting. Die vista DIE

So tell me guys i know i straying from Death's question here but how's good is windows 7 on a laptop? will it be more efficient on ram that vista?

admin said:
So tell me guys i know i straying from Death's question here but how's good is windows 7 on a laptop? will it be more efficient on ram that vista?

win 7 could run on netbooks too so thats to show you...it uses less resources than vista...and not much more than xp ..so with 1gb ram u cud do a good bit
my old laptop has 1gb ram with 7 and i run photoshop, 3dsmax and play music with it smoothly

You wanna know sumtin?
If you worried about it not being able to run on a Laptop, just hear this.

Windows 7 is soooo light that it can run on a Pentium II. :eek:

Amazing isn't it?
But yeah, it utilizes your RAM better and many of the resource intensive items like Windows Sidebar aren't default and are stripped from the core.
So Windows 7 is much more stable, compatible and light.
I've been using Windows 7 since it was in alpha :/ last year and have nothing but good to say about it. By far one of the best OS M$ has ever come out with. Even bought a MSDN acct. so I can offer people like me the keys for a fraction of the price :p

My advice......ditch every other Windows and get Windows 7.
Two best M$ OS out there: Windows 2000 and Windows 7.

snowmanrene said:
You wanna know sumtin?

Amazing isn't it?
But yeah, it utilizes your RAM better and many of the resource intensive items like Windows Sidebar aren't default and are stripped from the core.
I've been using Windows 7 since it was in alpha :/ last year and have nothing but good to say about it. By far one of the best OS M$ has ever come out with. Even bought a MSDN acct. so I can offer people like me the keys for a fraction of the price :p

I agree with you up to a point. Although you bought a MSDN account from Microsoft, that DOES NOT grant you permission to sell product keys for MS Windows7. If you do that, you are committing software piracy. A MSDN account is more like a privilege. You get first dibs on new MS software before the general public. E.g. With Windows7, MSDN subscribers were offered the full retail version before the software was officially launched. And is available via a specially marked MSDN DVD or from digital download. Also, if you have multiple computers you can "legally" activate all software running on "your" private machines. You however "CANNOT" distribute product keys.

Well,

I registered under one of my companies, which enables me to distribute it for testing among all my systems, which include people who help me test stuff, and yeah it does not grant me permission to sell the keys to other people, so that's why I tell people that they aren't paying for the key, they're paying for my services (they're paying for the bandwith that I used going onto the MSDN website to get the key).

But enough about that, I'm now a Microsoft Certified Partner, so I have authorization to sell keys, not the MSDN ones but the OEM, Retail and VLK ones. So it's all COMPLETELY legal now.

anywho, this thread isn't about me, so back on topic :p

snowmanrene said:
Well,

I registered under one of my companies, which enables me to distribute it for testing among all my systems, which include people who help me test stuff, and yeah it does not grant me permission to sell the keys to other people, so that's why I tell people that they aren't paying for the key, they're paying for my services (they're paying for the bandwith that I used going onto the MSDN website to get the key).

But enough about that, I'm now a Microsoft Certified Partner, so I have authorization to sell keys, not the MSDN ones but the OEM, Retail and VLK ones. So it's all COMPLETELY legal now.

anywho, this thread isn't about me, so back on topic :p
i hear you. but for future reference, be sure to clearly explain yourself. Users may be confused. And we don't support copywright infringement on 3niSpice.

snowmanrene said:
You wanna know sumtin?

Amazing isn't it?

i agree 100% with this post...i recently changed my OS and windows 7 is the best for real...it manages ure processor's cores and cache better than any other OS so far..

Vista = phail...vista come out since 2007 and they dun lookin to phase it out already and hardly ppl even start to use it as yet....the majority using XP pro still...XP is microsoft's most successful OS to date but i feel this windows 7 taking d cake

:evil:

I'm running windows 7..i've got tha new lollipop dell with inspiron 14 with the intel dual core processor..its kool i really love how you can put the mouse on the taskbar by a window and see the mini page come up... Yes it's really worth the change no glitches no nuttin lol

sNo said:
You wanna know sumtin?

oh shyt forreal?

wow

but anything is better than vista man cmon lol

My laptop runs on Vista business but its so unstable that i had to reinstall my computer over 3 times this pass year. I've lost everything!

I have windows 7 in my laptop. I prefer all the features in it. As per what I’ve heard Windows 7 is much better than Vista.

Fo' sureeeee! love windows 7 and i heard windows 8 is out !

Back