Anita Mohammed To Be Buried Later This Week

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!
S

Sampson

anita.jpg

The sprawling mansion at Raphael Road, Freeport which murdered mother Anita Mohammed struggled to keep after her husband died, will stand closed when her funeral takes place later this week.

A close relative said funeral arrangements are being scheduled either today or tomorrow once final arrangements are approved by her children Chelsea, 20 and Tristan, 19.

"We plan to have the service at the Muslim home at Munroe Road and then to the Preysal cemetery for burial," the relative said.

On her Facebook page, Chelsea wrote, "Angels have no thoughts of ever returning to you, would they be angry if I thought of joining you?"

Her profile picture read, "Sometimes a person prays with tears. When the words are missing, Allah knows our hearts."

Homicide officers yesterday spoke with relatives as they tried to piece together Mohammed's last activities before her demise.

An argument with two Spanish-speaking men, an impromptu trip to Chaguaramas and two mysterious phone calls are believed to be important clues to the murder.

Investigators believe that Mohammed was receiving money from criminal elements to maintain her house and to pay off debts which her husband left after he passed suddenly five years ago.

It took Mohammed four years of hard work to upkeep the house and to continue to give her children the life they were accustomed to.

Mohammed went missing on December 20 and eight days after her disappearance, Chelsea vented on Facebook chastising TSTT for not releasing her mother's phone records.

She wrote, "TSTT could you please ......assist me in finding my mother? It's been 8 days since she’s been gone and I'm at my breaking point. THIS IS A MISSING PERSON. I made a report and I have proof of being her daughter, I even showed up with two officers of the AKU. What more do you need? Why do I now have to find lawyers to get her call log? Losing my father came as a shock and I lost him instantly. Losing my mother like this is even worse because I have no closure to this whole situation."

The remains of a woman with missing limbs were found off an oilfield road in Santa Flora but it was only on Tuesday that forensic analysis on the remains confirmed the body belonged to Mohammed.

Anyone with information on the death can contact Crimestoppers at 800-TIPS.

Back