Android TV Boxes?

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

nirtime

LV

Anyone has/played with one of the android tv boxes?

I played with a high end box and think its a great concept. Kodi can be outfitted with numerous addons to create a cable cutting experience. All be it, it has some issues with the streams from what I've seen. It also runs android and can be outfitted with any android app from the playstore. Youtube works great on it.

By using an EPG such as THe King TV Guide or Renegade Guide, it is possible to view the TV Guide and browse through channels, a pretty interesting concept I think.

Will update this thread with more info as time goes by.

Lol I see that as the only best part of the android boxes with the side loading of apps have see kodi on a android tablet n that on a tv makes sense in my book lol

So an update to my OP and to grim.

Kodi makes the most sense on a big screen, I tried running it on a 1080p 5.2" screen and it was simply too small to read/comfortably use.

The King TV Guide seems to be having some issues, unsure if it's my box alone or what but Renegade works quite well and so does CcloudTV. Ccloud has pretty much the latest movies along with iStream downloader. The quality of the movies actually are often in HD with AAC audio playback. Not bad.

Back