AMD Phenom II breaks record fastest cpu yet

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
LV

Awards
AMD Launches Phenom II CPU, Its Fastest Yet

AMD is positioning Phenom II in between Intel's Core 2 Quad and Core i7 offerings. Phenom II chips are available in two versions, the X4 920 and the X4 940 Black Edition, which compete tit-for-tat against Intel's highest Core 2 Quad CPU frequencies at 2.8 and 3.0 GHz, respectively.

156595-PhenomII.jpg_180.png
AMD Phenom II CPUAMD bumped the shared L3 cache of the Phenom II processors up from 2MB to 6MB, giving each CPU a total cache of 8MB. L3 cache serves as a shared memory space for the cores to draw from. Increasing the amount improves the CPU's ability to pull data from this faster memory space instead of having to issue slower requests to the system's main memory. The move puts Phenom II processors right in the middle of Intel's Core 2 Quad lineup for cache size, but the result is still short of the 12MB caches found on higher-end Core i7 chips.

Though limited overclocking of the 920-edition processors is available through AMD's OverDrive software, the company is tipping its hat toward the extreme-performance crowd with its Black Edition processors. These CPUs run multiplier-unlocked, which liquid-nitrogen-armed enthusiasts have been able to exploit to frequencies above 6 GHz, surpassing the world record for Intel Core i7 processors, which stands at 5.5 GHz.
read more :icon_arrowd:

You still rocking in megahertz thats sad dude lol,
anyways if i could get that amd phenom wow i would make magic

admin said:
You still rocking in megahertz thats sad dude lol,
anyways if i could get that amd phenom wow i would make magic
Yea now thats some power under the hood,I still ha to upgrade mine,most people would say my current processor speed is enough,but not for me,lol,that's for average users.Hopefully by the time I ready to upgrade the phenom might be in a suitable price range,haha.Whats your specs admin.

Well i running a laptop
running vista buisness
mobile adm Sempron processor 3600
Speed 2.00 gHz
1 gig of ram
32bit os

Not hard core i know but its good

admin said:
Well i running a laptop
running vista buisness
mobile adm Sempron processor 3600
Speed 2.00 gHz
1 gig of ram
32bit os

Not hard core i know but its good
Cool,ahaha not hardcore,lol,it better than mine by a lil nudge.
I running amd sempron processor 1.8ghz
1 gig ram
I had vista but I reverted back to xp cause alot of things I wanted to running wasn't compatible an plus xp is a lesser burden on the processor,Maybe when I upgrade to a dual core or something then I would put back vista.

yea you should have a least have 2 gig of ram to run a stable vista because of the gui interface.
And their is alot of unnecessary processes, But i heard windows 7 is better

admin said:
yea you should have a least have 2 gig of ram to run a stable vista because of the gui interface.
And their is alot of unnecessary processes, But i heard windows 7 is better
From screenshots on the net windows 7 looks like vista to me but,the whole world even Microsoft knows that it rushed its production of vista thats why it didn't pull off with a big success,thats why when it was release Microsoft went straight to work on making a service pack for it which made it a little more better in my case,so maybe windows 7 maybe better.

yea its like vista i also heard that it has a better interface, and its more resource sufficient, uses less ram and its much faster. But i did not know vista was a rushed product hmmmm

the Se7en is better than vista werkin its currently on my 900mhz 512 ram laptop lol. nice im not a amd fan but cool. havin that processor would be great but lol, i too poor soo i got to stick to a 2.8 core 2 duo. lol. 6ghz drugs

Well i'm a adm fan to me its so much better than intel you can always upgrade all you have to do it just buy a faster microprocessor and install it with out buying a mother board thats if your have a comparable amd board.
With intel you have to buy the whole board and the chip which can cost 2000 plus and the same specs on a amd costing 1/3 the price.
Amd also supports MMX And intel dont lol

lol in tt i was a big amd fan!! lol now i turn intel cuz, 2.4 intel core 2 out perforn 5800+ that about 2.8. soo i just wen intel and now amd buy ati and i dont like ati soo alot of theamd boards comin wit ati nahh cant handle that is nvidia all the way wit intel lol. but true amd is way cheaper, lol i dont use mmx i use cuda frm the gcard.

Intel and nVidia FTW
My Celeron outperformed a dual core AMD already, so Intel FTW! And ATI just sucks........

AMD/ATI can go suck a stone

Back