Amazing Grace Is A Fraud

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

kingfish

LV

so i was up inna de uwi yesterday liming when my friends told me to never listen that popular song amazing grace but ima PROUD christian so its normal when i go to church we sing this and also for funerals i hear it too. i asked why and they told me that the man who created the song was the CAPTAIN OF A SLAVE TRADING SHIP selling Africans into the Caribbean.

His Name was john Newton and he began participating in the slave trading and one day while drunk on a slave boat he made up the song. He was described to be a wretch and loved cursing and saying the most explicit things. He is also the writer of explicit rude poems and said the most disgusting things to people and devoted his life to be a proud captain of a slave ship .

I will never sing this song again jed never in meh lifeee dey does say history is everything and it proved that we just naive in the caribbean following everything of our mother country and not even knowing what it meant .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amazing_Grace < Look de link here

Wow well look at how you open up my eyes there hmmm, never in my wildest imagine would have ever taught about this. I'm sure only a few people know about this and to believe that this song is being sung at funerals wtf, so you know what this shows, it shows how we does be listening to all sorts of music and do not know the origins and the meaning of the song.

its ah norm for we trini to b copy cat to d Americans.....anyting we c ppl up dere do we do to....we r customary copycat...an wen we hear ting not gd we say "boi if ah d only kno "...gd topic!!!

yes but remember they bought christianity to trinidad and tobago through slavery so is known our ancestors who got brainwashed would pick this up and transfer it through generations

I would like to inform you, that there is some truth in what you say, however there is one error in this. John Newton wrote the song after he was enlightened and he decided to help with the abolition of slavery. He wrote this song after he gave up trading in slaves.

So please get your facts correct and stop bashing Christians.

Who are bashing christians richard? did anyone say anything bad about christians here? i myself am a christian .. get your facts straight ! if you read the wiki page you would see the information so i don't know what facts you talking about !

AND I DOH WANT TO SING NO DAMN SONG SOME DRUNK, DISGUSTING SLAVERY CONTROLLING MAN MAKE UP TO FREE HESELF FROM WHAT EVER HE WAS GOING THROUGH ..UNDERSTAND ! WE IN THE CARIBBEAN PASS THRU TOO MUCH FROM SLAVERY TO INDENTURESHIP AND I THINK IF EVERYONE HEAR THE MEANING FOR THIS THEY THEMSELVES WOULD STOP SINGING IT !

Back