Alternative Media Center!

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

Wyspa

LV

Ok ppl, for all the Media Center users and lovers out there..ther's an alternative... for the windows media center users, i'm sure that you know how cool it is..how sleek the interface is and the ability to access your media that's stored on you hard-drive etc. the only downside to Windows' media center, is that if you live in the Caribbean or some other far off land, the internet features of the Media center in near useless. When you try to access the internet related features like the internet TV, you get a message telling you that there isn't any content for your region... :nono:
In comes the alternative..I present to you XBMC (X-boox Media Center). This application have been around for a long time. Since 2002 to i think. It was originally created for the first x-box gaming console. But as time grew the application grew and soon it was too much for the hardware of the x-box to handle..So it went multi-platform. which means it runs on Windows, Mac, Linux and the original X-box... this media center is beautiful...it has the same sleek well polished graphical user interface just like Windows'.. there are even different skins available.. It can access your local media, stream content from online without the silly region restrictions. Its open source and free..sweet. :Yea: Man i've been using this app for the weekend and I absolutely love it. It can fetch metadata for movies, music and just about anythin you can throw at it..which means that you get movie info like cast, genre, plot, etc. It uses plugins to add-ons to further entend its capabilities. There just so much thing you can do with this application. literally. There's plugins for podcast, movies, music, radio, internet tv, etc..ANYTHING you can thnk of. even those online movies you watch on Megavideo etc. Oh, even ge the local weather..THAT"S RIGHT. Weather forecast for Trinidad & Tobago... right on the home screen of the app. You can even download the movie to your hard-drive. it operates like Tivo. Stream it now, or download and watch it later....man its too much to say in a post..Imagnine running this as your entertainment center on your LCD High def TV.. and there's a skin available exclusively for large HDTV..heres the link.http://xbmc.org/ download and try it now. you wont regret it.

Ways i always wanted this i need this, it seems so cool, why do i have dial up for thanks wispa i will send the link to some friends, they will download this for sure

Back