A Sample of What Our Local Market Lacks

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

nirtime

LV

This a normal thing because you guys ever seen the Toyota Corolla 96 stock accessories? No would be the answer those thing come with rain detectors and 10 disc changers! I just came to the conclusion that these we specifically made for our market in Trinidad & Tobago since most of the addons you actually gotta pay for and doesnt come with the high end version of the vehicle.

Honestly, I have to wonder if we paying the price for the top models as well cause currently, TTTL wants 300k for a 3.0 A/T 4x4 Hilux. In contrast, conversion from Baht to TT a 3.0G A/T 4x4 with the MID, power folding mirrors and more features than the local is only 195k TTD and thats before shipping so even if it costs 100k TTD to ship/get on the road that would be just perfect when compared but I feel it will be more than that.

Also, we aren't the only place that suffers with a lack of accessories/ features. Other places like Austrailia suffer the same, I was browsing through a Hilux site and those guys were also complaining about paying the top price and getting really nothing great. I think they also get very similar features to what we get.

I also believe that some places in the world, I cannot remember exactly where, I think Middle East from memory, they get the same exact feature package in the Kia Sportage that we get. I still feel that local models are customized so that we can give away money.

As the Corolla is touched on, our local NZE120 Corollas barely had features. Maybe they had a steering wheel with audio controls but imagine the Malay spec versions the NZE121 had bodykits, wood grain interior, leather upholestry with two tone interior, power folding mirrors and a 1.6l engine vs the 1.5l engine. And yet Trinis as misled by the dealerships to feel their "Fully loaded" car was in fact the cream of the crop.

I actually really was amazed to see that a truck like the Hilux came with steel pedal covers and footwell lighting. I'm actually going to do my own footwells after seeing that but the pedal covers are too costly :( I'll seek an alternative.

Yeah we have to learn more about the accessories and their quality to get good quality accessories of the model.I am a mechanic by [profession and know well about the different parts of the vehicles.

Trinidadians like to pay top dollar for basic stuff. I'm pretty sure you can have the 'highest' model RORO and still pay less than the one being sold locally.

I agree! Local dealers ripping off people

Yeah local dealers are not sale their accessories in a good way.They are ripping good their customers and after that parts are also not of good quality.

Yeah local dealers are not sale their accessories in a good way.They are ripping good their customers and after that parts are also not of good quality.

True they charge a really high price for lower end accessories.

Honestly, I have to wonder if we paying the price for the top models as well cause currently, TTTL wants 300k for a 3.0 A/T 4x4 Hilux. In contrast, conversion from Baht to TT a 3.0G A/T 4x4 with the MID, power folding mirrors and more features than the local is only 195k TTD and thats before shipping so even if it costs 100k TTD to ship/get on the road that would be just perfect when compared but I feel it will be more than that.

Also, we aren't the only place that suffers with a lack of accessories/ features. Other places like Austrailia suffer the same, I was browsing through a Hilux site and those guys were also complaining about paying the top price and getting really nothing great. I think they also get very similar features to what we get.

I also believe that some places in the world, I cannot remember exactly where, I think Middle East from memory, they get the same exact feature package in the Kia Sportage that we get. I still feel that local models are customized so that we can give away money.

As the Corolla is touched on, our local NZE120 Corollas barely had features. Maybe they had a steering wheel with audio controls but imagine the Malay spec versions the NZE121 had bodykits, wood grain interior, leather upholestry with two tone interior, power folding mirrors and a 1.6l engine vs the 1.5l engine. And yet Trinis as misled by the dealerships to feel their "Fully loaded" car was in fact the cream of the crop.

I actually really was amazed to see that a truck like the Hilux came with steel pedal covers and footwell lighting. I'm actually going to do my own footwells after seeing that but the pedal covers are too costly :( I'll seek an alternative.

The Australian market of toyota is way better than trinidad the still being offered alot compared to as and they can even get the sr5 hilux while in trinidad you get a 3.0 diesel no gas options and or v6

The Australian market of toyota is way better than trinidad the still being offered alot compared to as and they can even get the sr5 hilux while in trinidad you get a 3.0 diesel no gas options and or v6

We used to get the sr5 with 3 engine choices. Now we get only 2 and our local sr5 is now really cheap interior wise. Imagine I have the two tone beige interior and now it's 60k more for a 3.0 sr5 and you're only getting the all black interior with cheap plastic looking panels.

I think now we have to stop this marketing fools and need to know a solution for to take quality accessories in a manageable price.So anyone have a better idea about it?

I think now we have to stop this marketing fools and need to know a solution for to take quality accessories in a manageable price.So anyone have a better idea about it?

Yes madracer we can import our own accessories and buy from other locals who sell at cheaper prices.

Australian market is good due to that reason because its manageable for everyone.But its out of our region so shipping is also a main expense for us.

Australian market is good due to that reason because its manageable for everyone.But its out of our region so shipping is also a main expense for us.

The shipping really kills importing from AUstrailia. Austrailia has all the parts and accessories that we don't get locally for some of our Pick Ups.

Yeah its the original issue that we can,t get the original parts that avail in the Australian market.I want to deal with a dealer of Australian market to imports these parts on any price.

Back