9 inches long WAAAYS!!

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

RauCous

LV

why you reading this you pervert you.... lol

Look what was in my house!!!
Scolopendra_gigantea_1.jpg

that picure from Wikipedia :signlol: , but the one in my house was just as big, by about +3 centimeters.

here's what Wikipedia had to say:
Scolopendra gigantea (also known as Peruvian giant yellowleg centipede and Amazonian giant centipede) is the largest representative of the genus Scolopendra, regularly reaching lengths of 26 cm (10 in) and can exceed 30 cm (12 in).[1] It inhabits the northern and western regions of South America and the islands of Trinidad, Jamaica, and Hispaniola.
It is carnivorous, feeding on lizards, frogs, birds, mice, and even bats.[2] It is also known to prey on tarantulas.[3] The body consists of 21 to 23 segments which are coppery red or maroon in color, each with a pair of yellow-tinted legs; the legs are adapted for fast walking. The centipede has modified claws called forcipules which curve around its head and can deliver venom into its prey. The extremely potent venom, containing acetylcholine, histamine and serotonin (pain mediators), proteases and a cardiodepressant factor, is toxic to humans and causes severe swelling, chills, fever, and weakness. However, although bites are painful, they are very unlikely to be fatal to humans.[4]
S. gigantea is a popular pet among arthropod enthusiasts, but must be handled with protective equipment, as even a trace of the venom coming in contact with skin can cause a reaction. Female S. gigantea centipedes exhibit parental care, guarding and tending their nests of eggs. Juveniles are very dark-red or black in color, and very thin with large spherical red heads. They molt several times before reaching adult size.

The one i see was black!!! Yuh mean it does get bigger??!! :Blink: My father killed it and I feed it to the chickens outside... Well they wanted to eat it so i couldn't stop them lol.

Damm.. that really crawled my blood.. I am terrified of those things... I remember back when i was a kid we were limin' by a bench made of bamboo.. we were rocking the bench back and forth. Out of one of the holes for the bench crawls the biggest centipede I had ever seen. It was huge!!! And it was a dam fast crawler too...

That is centipedezilla... all yuh missing is china man 2 scream "CENTIPEDEZILLA"!!! :icon_eek:

Godzilla would probably kick his a$$ for infringing on his favourite stomping ground!

*shudders* That thing looks disgusting!

Eww eeww ewwwwww *screams and faints and get back up and screams and run out of this thread* Nah Rau was this my April Fools Punishment or did admin told you that i am frighten really bad of Centipedes. Omg this crawling my blood now i am not going to sleep tonight

Wow that looking nice too cook too, i sure it will taste best, lol

Cook??? are you nuts? that's it. You've officially moved up a few notches in da wierdo category.

Lol lol, this forum is so funny eh lol. But that not looking juicy? curry down or even fry niceness

Back