$2m spent for national pride

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

Resha

LV

What’s the cost of the national flag at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Port-of-Spain? Is it $2 million? But Sport and Youth Affairs Minister Gary Hunt, while unable to confirm the flag’s price tag, said even if it was true, it would be “nothing out of the ordinary.” What the hell kind of statement is that? Nothing...2 millions is nothing!!!!

He said then the flag was intended to be seen from far away and from every direction. He said then it was also intended to remind citizens of “its noble message and we feel a deep sense of national pride.”
The f..king pride of the citizens is reaching out to thier needs not some flag.....

“There is a lot of work that had to be done on the foundation level. I am not exactly sure if that figure ($2 million) is exactly correct but if it that is the cost it is what the flag does for the citizenry of Trinidad and Tobago as we pass there. There is no price on national pride.” Hunt said.“What I said is if it costs that amount ($2 million), the Government of T&T is happy and proud to create a symbol of national pride, which our flag should imbue in all citizens.”

I would love to see the feed backs on this topic.... and the statements Gary Hunt making is like "money is nothing for T&T"

Hmm. $2 million for a flag! $5.2 million dollars for Prime Minister's travel expense, $3 million for drapes in the Prime Minister's residence, $800 million for Brian Lara Stadium that's yet to complete..should i go on? Money is nothing in our country. Our Government are free to squander away at the Treasury as they see fit. Then turn around and give some piss-poor excuse as to why the money was spent on it. And yuh know what, we like it so.

Wtf this is madness i taught we were controlling our expenditure, 2 million dollars, and you know something the same people who support these people are the ones suffering the most. When some child who has holes in their heart ask the minister for a bit of funding they say no but to spend 2 million on a blasted flag is no kinda of money to spend. Trinidad we living great this is our time to shine, so great is the Pnm don't you think

National Pride...........Pride? Is our pride worth so much? YOU CAN GET A BIGGER FLAG MADE OUT OF QUALITY RECYCLE MATERIAL LOOKING BETTER THAN THAT FOR LESS THAN 2M

Minister of Sport Gary Hunt and chairman of Sport Company of Trinidad and Tobago (Sportt) Kenneth Charles have confirmed that total price of the flag is $2 million and the job was contracted to Fireone Fireworks.

Hunt said the flag itself cost $18,112.15 as earlier reported, however the majority of the $2 million was attributed to the construction, erection, design and supply. He revealed that the foundation and installation works cost $940,000.The design and supply of the flagpole cost $932,400. He also confirmed that three additional flags were bought for $54,336,

He said the project was part of the Government’s strategic national plan, Vision 2020...

i DID not read that clearly a flag pole costing 940,000 that pole must be gold i'm serious it better be gold and how much construction could be going into erection and design. Its a darm flag on a pole you could have taken that same money and build a school or reconstruct a school but read the last line "He said the project was part of the Government’s strategic national plan, Vision 2020..."

WOW 2020 Vision people here we come and this is just the first wow

2 million? their are hungry homeless people out their but the government can spend 2 million on a flag pole now that is national pride

$2 million.........hmmm i do not even want to start because my blood pressure will go up and the mad house might refuse me.........2 million.........

nest thing u will hear ...
broom 10,000.00

freal. National Pride my foot. Even the biggest sign in Trinidad made out of the best material didn't cost that much in valencia and i know ..

I can't believe the level of arrogance of this present administration. Everytime i read the papers or listen to the news on the radio, it upsets me to hear the stupidity of these so-called educated people. As i have stated on countless occasions. I have no problem with pretty buildings and the like. But don't don't squander the national purse on mega-structures that will NOT benefit the people. The homeless on the street will not be able to enjoy these. Those in the hospitals sleeping on benches waiting to be treated can't enjoy these...Our education systems is broken, out road are the worst..and we have de pitch-lake right in we backyard, lack of doctors and proper health facilities. They (government) boast that they are confident in the local hospitals and doctors etc, but for every lil treatment they have to undergo, its off to Cuba or the USA. This administration is full of s^&t. they have their priorities mixed up. They wanna undergo mega projects at the expense of the people. Summit coming up again after a massive one a few months ago. More of our money spending. So the usual happening, POS getting a facelift. All for the guests, NOT for the people who live here. The guest will leave our shores after the summit, but we the people have to stay and put up with the arrogance and (expletive) dotishness of a dictator.

I agree with you their wispa and let me add a bit, what gets really pissed off is that they are coming on national television and justifying their actions trying to fooling the country into why they are spending this and that.

See what i does always too you guys stuff like this does only be a problem for a few days and thats it. See how no one not even the media is talking about this issue anymore. We are a country must not let these things slip

some of dat money cuda be spent on d DNA systen witin d police service...or more police post for rural districts eg Basso

i think more police stations should be built yes 2m could of helped alleviate poverty

Back