2016 Hilux Revo OUT

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

nirtime

LV

The newest and redesigned Toyota Hilux Revo is out! It was launched in Bangkok, Thailand on May 23rd. Here are some shots:

DSC-1.JPG

DSC-2.JPG

DSC-6.JPG

DSC-13.JPG

DSC-14.JPG

DSC-17.JPG

DSC-21.JPG

DSC-24.JPG

Follow the link for a lot of pics! Toyota Hilux Revo Photos/Pictures/Pics -

The 2015 as it is called Hilux Revo comes equipped with a series of new engines:
1GD-FTV 2.8l Common Rail Turbo Diesel(D4D) - 177hp, 450nm torque
2GD-FTV 2.4L D4D: 150hp, 343nm torque

There are also 2 gasoline engines featuring a 2.7l with improved DVVT-i technology and a 4.0l.

The new Revo is 5335mm in length compared to 5255mm of the Vigo. It is also 20mm wider.

The Revo features shift on the fly 4wd selection, there is no more manual lever on the transfer case.

Payload is all the way up to 1240kg with a redesigned chassis underneath!

Edit: Toyota Trinidad and Tobago Limited have brought a shipment which are using the same engines from the Vigo. They retain the 1kd-ftv(3.0 d4d) and there is an air duct on the bonnet to feed cool air to the top mounted intercooler.

Last edited:
Looks damn good. I see it coming with projector headlamps too.
Wonder if this will be the ones available in our showrooms locally?

More than likely we will get the model with reflector headlights. Only the G trim I see has the projectors and I heard Toyota stopped selling the Vigo in G years now.

I also like it. The new diesel engines I definitely look forward to.

The interior has a really simplistic design that really appeals to me. its functional but luxurious at the same time. The bigger the better I always say as well. lol

meh not impressed design language could of been better....the new engines are the only thing that caught my eye and well if it ever goes to the americas

The engines are good but Chevy might have them beat there too with the Duramax pushing 500nm torque.

Interested to see how the GDs handle our local diesel.

Now that the Revo has hit our shores for some time now, they seem to be catching on slowly. The price doesn't seem to have risen by third party dealers and that is a good thing.

They rel change up d shape n design. D new engines pushin out some nice power for d size specially d 2400cc. I only see 2.8 so far though

Looks good and kinda heavier to me compare to the previous one. Even if this model gets modification it can look like a Cadillac. I am glad Toyota is working on such things that makes the vehicle attractive.

Yes it is heavier, I saw the Tare is about 2000kg but the payload is up to 1240, which is great. I think a wooden pallet fits in the tray now.

Find this to be ugly tho the previous gen looked better, if the previous gen had this interior would of been great

nah i watch it and seen it in real was like wow this have to be the ugliest version lol hahaha something just off about it IMO...but i seeing alot of it on the road so i guessing my style ha be rell off

Nah not everybody go like it. I don't like d red 4x4 sticker at all.

I find the black and red does look the best. The tail light need a big chrome cover running d side, they make them like d old f150 style.

nah baii lol i only see men with the offroad kit ones that looking nice but stock lmao it questionable

I see a white one with a lift and 33s on it. It look good but I was rel hoping they would fix that seat bottom folding up storage issue and allow bigger tires to clear under the wells with stock suspension. Neither of which happened.

Anybody could unichip/boost the KDs to put out more power too anyway, lots of Vigo(mk6/7) owners out of Trinidad said they didn't see a good reason to upgrade to this one .

Back