2010 Movies: How Many Have You Seen? And What Did You Think?

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

TFM

LV

Well, as you guys may have noticed, I'm a huge movie buff so thought I'd make a list of all the movies that have been released thus far for 2010 and see how many you've seen. Maybe we can get some recommendations or opinions on films you may have missed or haven't yet seen. Just copy and paste the list and add your own markers and comments.

[X] Daybreakers - 2/4 - A good twist on the vampire theme but doesn't live up to its potential.
[] Leap Year
[] Youth In Revolt
[X] The Book of Eli - 2/4 - Sharp at times, but for the most part talkative and ineffective.
[] The Spy Next Door
[X] The Lovely Bones - 1.5/4 - Peter Jackson flaunts his creative license, just in the wrong areas.
[] Extraordinary Measures
[X] Legion - 2/4 - Full of cheap thrills with a disappointing climax.
[] Tooth Fairy
[X] Edge of Darkness - 1/4 - Terribly muddled, pointless and misguided.
[] When In Rome
[] Veer
[] Dear John
[X] From Paris With Love - 3/4 - Funny, charismatic and entertaining.
[X] Percy Jackson & The Olympians: The Lightening Thief - 2.5/4 - Splashy but somewhat disjointed.
[] Valentine’s Day
[X] The Wolfman - 2/4 - Fantastic buildup, unsatisfying outcome.
[] My Name Is Khan
[X] Shutter Island - 3/4 - Creepy, intense and thrilling.
[] Cop Out
[] The Crazies
[X] Alice in Wonderland - 3/4 - Funny, beautiful but slow paced.
[] Brooklyn’s Finest

I'll just do the movies that i have seen:

[x] the Spy Next Door - 2/4 - Same old same old comedy flops with some mediocre fight scenes. Nothing new in this movie. Jackie Chan delivers his same weak attempt of doing a western style family comedy but comes off as fake as his drama skills.
[x] Legion - 2/4 - Terrible script, even worse musical score. The plot was interesting enough (even with the gigantic loop holes) but the film failed miserably to deliver the goods. The inclusion of Dennis Quaid or Tyrese was not enough to take this file anywhere.
Tooth Fairy -3/4 - Really good story. Dwayne Johnson (the Rock) has really matured as an actor since leaving the wrestling ring. Tooth Fairy does great to show off Dwayne ability to deliver a sound performance in the roles he plays. He seems right at home in the comedy genre. Though there were scenes when the movie was sort of begging you to laugh.
New to DVD
The Descent 2 - 3.5/4 - Was true to the source that made its predecessor such a huge hit. Cinematography was spot on. Tight script, brilliant acting and a gripping musical score that totally enhanced the clostrophobic atmosphere of the movie. The only down side was that the so-called cave experts in the movie where as hysterical and lost as the other characters. How come?

I want to see Descent 2! I am a HUGE FAN of the first movie! Gonna get it on DVD.

gosh my name is khan was de best ever..... i really love this movie because it really depicts what is happening in todays society and plus any one can see it

Saw The Descent 2 today. Just so happens, my brother's girlfriend brought it home by us. It was pretty decent, though I still like the first one better.

I have My Name Is Khan on DVD as well for the longest while. I know what its about but haven't gotten around to watching it yet. I have been hearing great things about it though.

Leap Year
When In Rome
Valentine’s Day
Im a freak of romance movies..They were alll good

I have since seen The Bounty Hunter.. It's a good rom-comedy. Nothing too spectacular, and way too reminiscent of Mr. & Mrs. Smith, but not nearly as entertaining. It had its funny moments. Gerard Butler and Jennifer Anniston do have some great chemistry in the film. Though there are scenes when Gerard would come off as somewhat uneasy and struggled to portray what he was trying to.. But over all a good experience.. 3/5

[] Green Zone
[] She's Out Of My League
[] Remember Me
[] Our Family Wedding
[] Diary of a Wimpy Kid
[] The Bounty Hunter
[] Repo Men
[X] How To Train Your Dragon - 3.5/4 - Thoroughly enjoyed it. Funny, excellent animation, characters and storyline.
[] Hot Tub Time Machine

Back