10 Yrs Prison

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

LadyDeath

Senior Marketing Officer
Staff member
LV

How can this man be so stupid he have no shame and no dignity to rape his step-daughter. He deserved to be hanged

A 40-year-old construction worker was sentenced to ten years' hard labour on June 17 for having sex with his 13-year-old step daughter.

The man, who at the time of the incident was 32, was charged with three counts of having sex with a minor by Sgt Edgar Baird of the San Juan Police Station. The incidents are alleged to have happened at a house in North Eastern Trinidad between February and April 2001.

On the first occasion, the man is alleged to have made the girl, who had just stepped out of the bathroom and was preparing for school, take off her towel before having intercourse with her.

The act was repeated one week later when the girl was in her mother and step father's bedroom combing her hair. When she was about to leave, her step-father held her and asked if they could have sex again. When she did not answer he took her and placed her on the bed and had sex with her.

The third occasion happened one week after the girl turned 14. The girl was picking mangoes with her siblings when she fell ill and went to lie down. Her step-father, who was at home at the time, promised her a camera for her birthday before fondling her and then having sex with her.

The family then moved to south Trinidad where, in 2002, the girl ran away from home. After she was found she made a report to the police.

The matter was called before Justice Andre Mon Desir in the Port of Spain Sixth Criminal Court and started on May 6.

A total of five witnesses testified before the jury, which comprised seven women and two men. He was found guilty on May 28.

Justice Mon Desir took into consideration the time that the man spent in prison awaiting trial in passing sentence. He also took into consideration the prevalence of the offence.

State attorney Renuka Rambhajan prosecuted while Kirk Hogan defended the man.

the judge should not consider the years he spent in jail... 10 yrs still not enough for the act he committed....
Jus imagine the torture that went on with that young girl... Im sure it was not jus three times he had s-e-x with her... Is there anyone here or you may know that went through the same thing because i would like to know how come the mother of the child cannot pick up what's going on in her own home?

you would tell me the mother didnot do anything. i think her mother is slack and do not study her i also think the child tried to tell someone and they didnot believe her. i am sorry for the age she is bcuz at that age the child maybe going thru tough times and it is hard to dealwith something like that

I agree cuzin and you would see after dis man come outta jail he wud do more worse things to someone

What happened to hanging why over populate the jails start hanging people the murders and criminals know that all they have to do is small time and they will come out of jail if they get caught, so why is hanging now being done.

Back